Our Doctor and Staff
Heaton Family Chiropractic is made up of a team of highly trained professionals dedicated to providing the best quality healthcare in a responsive and caring environment. Dr. Heaton is board certified with over 15 years of experience in the profession. He works in concert an outstanding office staff, striving to understand your health issues thoroughly and apply the appropriate treatment to get help you achieve optimal health.
James J. Heaton, DC
- Dr. Heaton is a 1996 graduate from Logan College of Chiropractic, in St. Louis, Missouri. He received his Bachelor's Degree in Human Biology. He also earned an Associate's Degree in Applied Business.
- He is certified by the National Board of Chiropractic Examiners. He is licensed by the State of Ohio Board of Chiropractic Examiners. He is a Certified Injury Prevention Consultant. He is a certified provider for the Ohio Bureau of Workers' Compensation. He is Certified in Applied Kinesiology (100 Hour Course).
- He is a member of the Ohio State Chiropractic Association and the Grove City Noon Lions Club. He is a member and deacon at Highland Baptist Church.
- He has completed numerous post-doctoral continuing education seminars in nutrition, rehabilitation, orthopedics, and diagnostic testing. He is a Board-Eligible Chiropractic Neurologist after completing the 315-Hour Diplomate American Board of Chiropractic Neurologists (DABCN) Program.
- Dr. Heaton has been married to his wife, Shawn for 26 years. They have a 22-year-old son, Alex. Shawn's brother, Adam C. Edge, D.C., is a chiropractor in Hilliard, Ohio.
A Great Team!
Shawn Heaton - Office Manager, CA, Licensed X-ray Technician, 18+ Years Experience
Deb Knepper - Certified Chiropractic Assistant, Insurance and Billing Coordinator, 8+ Years Experience
Amanda Owens - Chiropractic Assistant, Rehab Coordinator, 15+ Years Experience
Sarah Compton - Chiropractic Assistant, RN, 4+ Years Experience
Hannah Dearing - Licensed Massage Therapist, 5+ Years Experience